Sunday, December 29, 2013

Rest of the Week

The rest of this week has been pretty uneventful. I have had a lot of time to myself - something that I really needed. I have cleaned out rooms and areas, cooked some of the last of the food in my fridge, took down the tree, and started working on my "Winterim" class on Music Therapy I'll be teaching in the first 3 weeks of the new year. I have been trying to put together some goals and things for the upcoming year and I'm getting excited about the prospects of some things coming to pass.

1 - The plan is for my student loan debt to be COMPLETELY GONE by May, hopefully by April :)
2 - The plan is to exercise for 40 minutes 3 times a week. I know everyone says this every year, but I am serious. I have not liked what has happened to my body since working full time (I know it's not awful, but it's not where I want to be).
3 - I plan to be more conscious and careful of packing lunches ahead of time so I am not as tempted to eat out during school.
4 - It seems I have a proactive visiting teaching partner now. I think with her help, I can plan to be a better visiting teacher.
5 - As of today, I have 2 callings. Which I have done nothing with up until now (I haven't been trained on the first one...ever...). I am excited to actually become a more involved part of my ward.
6 - I, in the last few weeks, have been thinking seriously of working towards living 100% on my own. Not that I don't love my roommates, I do. But I would rather get to a point that I know I could make it on my own without the help of other people. So, once the student debt is gone, the only other debt I will have is some to my parents for college expenses and my car. I want to start working on the Dave Ramsey baby steps.
7 - As I stated earlier in the week, I want to work on journaling more often. I have already thought of ways to do this more effectively and plan to work on that.
8 - The bestie and I made a blog a long time ago to chronicle our foodie adventures. We have made a grand total of two posts... ever. I plan to aid in fixing that.
9 - It was pointed out to me that I don't take enough time to take care of myself. I plan to work on that as well - hopefully one night a week, maybe one night per fortnight. I'll work on it. Whether it's going out and taking pictures (like the one I'm adding to the bottom of the post), getting a massage, going home to take a bath, or whatever I need to do.

Anyway, I'm excited to begin the process of making these goals happen. I plan on taking the next couple of days and mapping out these goals. Thanks for the support you all give me each and every day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment