Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Homemade Cheesy Garlic Bread and Fettucini Alfredo? Yes.

I keep forgetting to take pictures!!

So, I didn't keep as detailed of a record this time, but I'll tell you what I did.

I got a magical bread cookbook for my birthday this past October, and have been waiting for an opportunity to try some of these recipes out. :) Sunday, Kyle's birthday, was such an opportunity. The actual recipe in the book called for onions instead of garlic, but this could not be done because of an allergy...so we did garlic instead, and added a little more cheese. :)

For the Alfredo stuff, I combined butter, a lot of heavy whipping cream, a little bit of half and half, crushed garlic, fresh parsley and cilantro, a TON of mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and a tiny dash of nutmeg. We put that on top of a nest of fettucini noodles, Italian spiced grilled chicken, and peas, and topped it all with bacon. Yep. It was pretty delicious.



You are all allowed to be jealous now.

2 comments: