Wednesday, May 16, 2012

...crystal ball...

I wrote this a while ago. It's probably not awesome but it is what I can do. Amen.


If I had a crystal ball
Things would come so easily
Life's hard decisions
Wouldn't trouble me so

If I had a crystal ball
If even for a moment
I could see an abbreviated outcome
Of the life I'm meant to live

...

If I could see just a few years ahead
I would know
Who to love, how to deal, and where to go.

I could know if you loved me
Where we could go
And if we were meant to be.

...

But if I had a crystal ball
Life would come too easily
Life's hard decisions
Wouldn't really be decisions

If I had a crystal ball
Life wouldn't be what it was meant to be
So others have their choice to make
And I have mine

So though it hurts to live
In the dark
I'll take the freedom of choice
Over a fragile, fallible, crystal ball.

1 comment:

  1. I like this. I like this a lot.
    I'm reminded of one of my favorite phrases...
    "There's a big difference between being able to see the future and being able to do something about it."

    ReplyDelete