Friday, March 2, 2012

Last Night

What a long but rewarding day yesterday was!!

I spent several hours at school yesterday with some of my favorite people - my students. Truly, they are my reason to wake up in the morning. They are learning and growing so much it's amazing!

I think one of the most rewarding comments I have ever received came from one of my boys last night. This is a student that doesn't try in any class, and until recently didn't even try in mine. He told me that I was his favorite teacher. I am so grateful that I am teaching the subject that I am, that can really change lives. Because he likes band, he is now starting to turn his work in, in one class, because he knows if he doesn't do well in that particular class he can't come to band. YAY!

Another wonderful part of yesterday was our band concert. Our students have been working VERY hard since the beginning of February, and it really paid off. They played beautifully and put their little hearts and souls into everything.

They also really want to help Melissa, and that is the last miracle of last night. We had a little table set up to collect donations for her, where 2 students and another faculty member stayed. The parents of APA collectively donated almost $1240.00. INCREDIBLE! I am grateful for their example to me.

We are continuing fund raising efforts on their behalf. If you wish to donate, let me know, and I can send you some places to go or some people to contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment