Sunday, October 17, 2010

Meaningless Musings

It's been a while, so I thought I should play a little bit of catch-up...

August: Much of August was spent with family, friends, and paint. Yep, you heard right. I went on a few weekend trips with some friends of mine over the summer (and had a blast) up to Bear Lake, and also went on a week-long vacation with my family out to Midway and areas surrounding it. It is absolutely beautiful, and I have convinced myself that I will live there someday. Small town in the middle of a gorgeous canyon. Ah, amazing! When I got home from that trip, I spent time with my mom at my place in Logan packing boxes, repainting some walls, scrubbing anything I could, and trying yet again to get this place to sell. I also started band camp for my last time here at Utah State. There were some mixed feelings that came with this - I'm glad I'm nearing the end, but I've been doing it for so long it will be weird to not come back to it.



September: I spent a little bit more quality time painting a few doors and other things, and my mom came and spent a weekend with me while she was doing respite care for a couple of autistic boys from Tremonton. I won't go into detail about that here, but it was quite an experience - one I would rather not repeat. A couple of my friends helped me move furniture back after we got NEW CARPET ( :) ) and one of my Brian friends helped with some general maintenance and putting things back together. I began to find that this year's drumline (and band as a whole, for that matter) was harder to handle than those we had had in the past - plus school and work were not quite balancing out the way I had hoped for them to. I began prepping for my senior recital, which is scheduled for November 13th. I also attended a toga party for my KKY brothers and helped with a TBS carwash. :)









October: Of course, it's the best month ever. :) Conference weekend was great - I really enjoyed so much of what was said! It was refreshing. And, of course, the Argentine food added to that fantastic weekend. The next weekend was my birthday, which I also celebrated with my family. It was nice to get away from Logan for a while and sort out a lot of things that were floating in my head, kind of away from the site. I found out, though, that the University never assigned me an accompanist for my recital...So I have been trying to find another, with little to no success. I'm not quite sure how this will all work out, but I hope to make it so...

I really should be practicing or doing homework, but I'm just passing time for right now - one of my friends is meeting me here in a few minutes to go for ice cream. :)

Last week a couple of the girls in Tau Beta Sigma (and Mike from Kappa Kappa Psi) helped Dr. Rohrer's wife with a project out at an elementary school. During our lunch break we discovered a room with toys in it...so we of course took some photos... :P











I learned how to drive a stick shift today! It was a little rough, but my friend Ryan said that I was doing exceptionally well. Even though I killed it a lot... You know me, the perfectionist... Maybe I'll get some more practice when I move back to Salt Lake and can borrow Steven's little truck.

I don't really know what else to write about, so that is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment