Tuesday, December 22, 2009

This is a bit late, but..........

I had an interesting realization the other night.

My mom and I have been a part of a singing group since we moved to Riverton in 2000. They perform a collection of songs called "Women at the Well", which are songs about the women who knew Christ. This time I was asked to play the piano accompaniment this time, which is something I had never done with this particular selection. The best part about this experience was that it didn't matter.

I finally figured out (I'm not sure why it took me this long) that playing the piano is more than a stress reliever, a pass time, or what have you. It is literally a spiritual experience for me. No matter what I'm playing, I feel this crazy spiritual connection that I don't necessarily feel while I'm playing other instruments. I'm not really sure why, it is what it is.

Anyway.......................................

It's been great to be home for the past little while. I have been able to teach school, work, and spend time with the people I love most. We had our Sorensen Christmas party on Sunday and I loved every minute. My aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents are so incredible - so loving and so much fun to be with. I love seeing cousins' faces as they open gifts, or as I open my gift from them - their excitement and anticipation that everyone will be pleased - I don't really know how to explain it other than that I loved it.

I miss all my friends in Logan and elsewhere, but I know that this is where I needed to be this holiday season.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment