Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day

I am close to tears... Tonight was beautiful. I haven't been so happy in, well, years. I don't want to forget any of it.

The evening "started" when I received a frantic knock, then doorbell ring, then another knock at the door. My roommate answered, because I was in the middle of something and couldn't get there. She yelled to me that it was for me - I came out to find someone standing with a red vase with roses and a balloon, waiting for me to sign for them. There was a note with these perfect flowers that said this:

"...Flowers are easy and words are hard, but here goes. You're beautiful, and fun, and you make me so happy to be with you. You make me smile every day. I never have to worry about being me, because you make me feel so comfortable around you. I like you so much I melt a little every time I think of you. You're such a great friend, and an awesome girlfriend. I should have a surprise or two for [later]. I'm so excited to see you. Thank you for being you."

Melted. Right then and there. It was so adorable, and sweet, and wonderful, and just what I needed. He came to my place around 5:30 and we prepped for dinner - he planned the menu (chicken parmesan). We talked and teased while making dinner, and snuggled while things were in the oven.

While we snuggled, he gave me surprise #2 (if we were counting the roses as surprise #1) - a whole bag of chocolatey-caramely treats. We tickled, teased, and chatted some more and listened to music. When dinner was finished, we enjoyed that together with sparkling cider and everything.

After dinner, we got ready for surprise #3 - he wrote me a song. I literally melted. I'll have to post it at a later date, he told me he would send me a copy. But in it he expressed his feelings about how I make him smile and I make him feel complete. When I asked him if he actually wrote it, he said he had - and told me he loved me.

We then went and relaxed in the hot tub at my apartment complex, "enjoying" the company of some random teenagers... haha but they didn't really bother us. Just chatting and holding hands.

Then we went back and he helped me with a lot of the dishes and then we made dessert - smoothies from frozen fruit we had used on a previous date. Watched an episode of one of his favorite TV shows and snuggled on the couch until we fell asleep a little. Then he had to go to work... and it was so hard to let him leave...

I haven't felt like I made anyone feel like this in so long... and no one has made me feel this way in ages.

I can't wait for tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment